- Salary undisclosed
Our client is part of an international group of premium department store chains. Worldwide, over 10.000 employees work at the group in order to offer customers an extraordinary shopping experience with the most exclusive brands in an inspiring ambience. Our client is known for its surprising and unique product collections, first class service and extraordinary store design. Due to this being a confidential search, we are not permitted to share any additional company details with candidates until a further stage.
The Product Group Manager Buying is, together with the Product Group Manager Planning, responsible for the Product Group ‘Menswear’. The range of Product Group ‘Menswear’ includes the categories Menswear, Children Wear and Toys. The Product Group Manager Buying manages a team of 10 people and reports directly to the Buying Director. The position will be based in Amsterdam, the Netherlands.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Development of a merchandise strategy with regard to current and new brands
- Development and implementation of a brand strategy and purchase & assortment planning per profit centre, based on trends competition analysis, evaluations and feedback
- Manage the Product Group Buying, by analysing and correcting revenue, margin, velocity of circulation and stock level
- Coach and support the personal development of the 8 members of the Product Group Buying team
- Prepare and supervise the implementation of the commercial programme per profit centre
- Initiate the concept development and renewal, and monitor the implementation on the shop floor
- Conclusion of framework contracts, monitor and adjust the performance of suppliers, and managing the relationships at strategic, tactical and operational level
- Evaluations with Store Management regarding renovations, concept layout, visual, commercial activities and cooperation with concessionaires
- Compose the annual plan and ensure the implementation in collaboration with the Product Group Manager Planning
Must-have Background and Experience:
- At least 10-15 years of working experience, of which at least 3-5 years in a managerial buying position in the retail industry
- Extensive buying experience in menswear
- Experience in trendsetting, innovative environments with distinctive vision and product portfolio
- Proven track with dealing with exclusive brands
Essential Personal Qualities:
- Creative and able to think out of the box
- Innovative and eye for trends
- Strong conceptual and strategic capabilities
- Able to create a vision on the Living category
- Inspirational leader and motivator to the team
- Well developed people management skills
- Sound presentation and excellent communication skills
Required Language Skills:
- Fluent in English, both oral and written
You can apply to this position by using the form below. Please send your CV in English and include your experience in dealing with brands.
Over deze headhunter - Kienbaum
Wij zijn een Duits, innovatief familiebedrijf met 32 kantoren in 18 landen. In de ruim 20 jaar dat Kienbaum actief is op de Nederlandse markt, hebben we langlopende samenwerkingsverbanden opgebouwd met small tot large-sized multinationals, familiebedrijven, Venture Capital/Private Equity (VC/PE) en digitale start-ups.
Wij werken toegewijd aan het succes van uzelf en uw organisatie, voortbouwend op vertrouwensrelaties en ondersteund door onze internationale expertisenetwerken.
Kienbaum is sinds 2008 aangesloten bij Lintberg.