Operations Director (EMEA)
- 100k - 150k per annum
- Executives Online
We have a new project brief that may be of interest to you or to someone within your network.
We have been retained to resource a Operations Director by one of our clients, an international organisation in Consumer Electronics.
The Operations Director is responsible for managing the organization including Customer Service, Finance, HR and the backoffice. The Director and MT member will provide strategic and tactical leadership and direction for the delivery of post-sales services and support to clients/customers. The primary responsibility of the Operations Director is to manage all facets of customer retention, interaction, and customer satisfaction as well as all related processes. The right candidate will have experience and passion in a customer facing environment and technical support environment.
- Responsible for developing, coaching, and managing a team of people that handle the day to day issues and all facets of the organisation: Finance, Customer Service, Finance, HR.
- Closely collaborating with various corporate functional groups to ensure all process and procedures are well aligned between each team and that defined organizational goals and objectives are met.
- MT member, responsible for setting the strategic direction for the region.
- Maintain concise and relevant metrics that illustrate team performance. Evaluate the process and look for areas of leverage in the operations function to support the high rate of growth expected over the next several years. Adjust internal procedures as required to maintain defined levels of performance.
- Analyze and document, procedural “opportunities” within the team. Ensure content resources are well maintained.
- Ensure customer satisfaction through end-to-end management of each service request.
- Build the systems and reporting infrastructure necessary to monitor the quality, cost, and efficiency of the transportation, storage, and distribution of inventory
- Analyze KPIs to monitor performance and plan improvements
- Apply industry best practices throughout the distribution chain to lower costs
- Manage and initiate commercial relationships and assessment criteria for outsourced processes and partners
- Provide best-of-breed support for all B2B and B2C customer logistics transactions
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of the following: Incoterms; import and export processes and regional Customs and regulatory processing in EMEA
- Manage outsourced fulfillment and distribution operations with multiple SKUs and high inventory turnover
- Establish and analyze KPIs to monitor performance and plan improvements
- Establish and manage commercial relationships and assessment criteria for outsourced fulfillment processes and partners
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of the following: outsourced fulfillment, Vendor Managed Inventory, Direct-from-Manufacturer Distribution.
- Manage and monitor the processing of orders and returns in multiple geographic regions in coordination with Finance and Sales
- Work with the IT and Finance teams to improve and enhance the order processing systems
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of common B2B and B2C e-commerce techniques: online shopping carts, EDI, fraud management, electronic payment processing
- Provide best-of-breed order and returns support for B2B and B2C customers
- Work with external vendors to ensure SLA’s are met.
- Provide feedback and make recommendations to management on process improvements, technology, training requirements, etc. that will improve customer satisfaction or reduce cost of support.
- Demonstrate customer relations skills and maintain a positive company image during all interactions with the customer.
- Maintain leadership qualities during all escalation situations.
Successful candidates will demonstrate the following:
- A minimum of 12 years experience in providing Management of an Operational Organization including help desk and/or customer call center or logistics environment; previous experience in a hi-tech environment, ideally B2C and B2B businesses.
- Experience in complex organisations
- Must demonstrate strong leadership, teambuilding, and management skills
- Must have strong analitycal and process management skills
- Must have practical experience with relevant systems and tools.
- Must demonstrate strong written and verbal skills.
- Must have ability to assess and provide proactive advice or solutions to complex issues.
- Must demonstrate the ability to manage through difficult customer escalations and demands.
- The ideal candidate is a decisive, action oriented individual who takes ownership of open issues and who has the ability to interface successfully with interdepartmental teams/management
- Must demonstrate strategic thinking and be able to adopt to existing procedure as well as define and recommend improvement procedures and corrective action
- Must be able to supervise the activities of others or group based projects
- Will have an affinity and passion for technology, software, digital consumer products, electronics.
- Must be a team player who also works well independently
- The right candidate will thrive in a fast growing and developing business
Amsterdam Area / Central The Netherlands
You can apply by using the form below. Please submit your CV in English including covering letter and current/ desired salary
Edwin Glas: 020-3012159 or 06- 53564715.