Managing Director (CEO)
- Salary undisclosed
- Essen (Bij Roosendaal)
- Executives Online
Our client, Elster Gas is an international engineering group and market leader developing, producing and supplying metering and related products to the global gas industry with an annual sales turnover in excess of $1.1b and over 4,000 employees worldwide. Elster Gas is divided into 4 main business areas two based in Germany, one in Slovakia and one covering North America, each with full P&L responsibilities. There are a number of companies and plants within each of these business areas.
Managing Director Lead Site Mainz with full operational and P&L responsibility. The main activities at the Essen, Belgium site consist in developing and producing ultrasonic gas meters and in engineering and building gas measuring and regulating installations. Customers for these products and installations are based worldwide.
The purpose of the role is to ensure a strong, competent management of the Essen plant (160 FTE) required to achieve agreed performance objectives.
- Develop and implement a consistent management system in order to achieve agreed business objectives
- Build and lead a strong, effective management team
- Lead and inspire the team by instilling a commitment to best practice and performance improvement
- Monitor performance of projects to ensure that they are completed on time and projected margins are achieved
- Lean manufacturing is properly worked with to ensure continuous improvement
- Ensure the right Quality, Health, Safety and Environmental measurement, programmes and targets in line with Group policy
- Ensure compliance with internal and legal regulations concerning the management of the business
- Degree - preferably in engineering related subject. Possible MBA
- A proven business leader with a strong track record in the management of businesses producing technical branded products, ideally for the oil & gas sector
- Strong operations background
- Experience in project related business and basic knowledge of welding methods and procedures and related matters would be of advantage
- A minimum of 15 years industrial business experience with at least 5 years at policy setting level
- Knowledge in lean manufacturing, Six Sigma or other quality improvement programmes is a must to establish world class performance
- Must be hands-on and willing & able to lead from the front
- Financially numerate and with strong analytical skills
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills in Dutch and English; German and French an advantage
It is imperative that he or she has a clear vision of the business processes which include change management and Business Process Redesign and can get things done. In fact strong leadership capabilities are required and a hands-on pragmatic approach. Flexibility and empathy are also key to this role
Competitive salary, attractive comprehensive package
If of interest please respond by using the form below. Tell us how your experience and skills demonstrate a strong fit to this role. Be concise, and as specific as possible.
Let op. Dit is een herplaatsing ivm een uitgestelde reageertermijn. Indien u al heeft gereageerd op deze functie wordt u verzocht dit niet nogmaals te doen.