- 100k - 150k per annum
- Executives Online
We have been retained by one of our clients, a leading industrial group, is an important part of an international leader in the manufacture and servicing of electrical generators, transformers and switchgear, serving a worldwide customer base. The company occupies a top tier position within its sector.
The Dutch company is the centre of excellence and also has a large aftermarket sales and service business for both generators and also large electrical motors and other products.
Based on its technical expertise the company plans to develop an increasingly important aftermarket and service business. Customers include global electrical machinery builders in the industrial, marine and rail sectors. A vacancy has arisen for the MD position of the Dutch business which has plans to significantly grow.
Reports to: Group Managing Director
- Ensuring the ongoing development of a business strategy in conjunction with the Group Board.
- Implementing the strategy for the business based on a cohesive and effectively communicated business plan.
- Building and leading a strong and effective management team.
- Leading and inspiring the team to achieve requirements by instilling a commitment to best practice and performance improvement.
- Production plans are maintained to a level that maximises customer service and minimises cost.
- The proper measures are taken to ensure that the IT system is utilized to the best possible standard in order to improve efficiency and to enhance quality levels.
- Lean manufacturing is properly worked with so that continuous improvements are made; the yield improves, which includes material utilization; cost per unit are down and the morale and cooperation within the factory are improved.
- The new reporting standards are adhered to on time, reflecting actual status of all necessary KPI’s.
- Product development and technical support is effectively aligned to the overall strategic growth and cost reduction objectives of the business
- Proper measures are taken to improve the throughput time and delivery of machines ordered is on time.
- Quality standards are met and are according to the Group standards.
- Supply chain processes are in optimal condition and at lowest possible cost.
- Proactive approach to supplier quality development.
- Excellent working relations with key accounts, building and maintaining outstanding customer relationships.
- A customer-centric approach and philosophy is embraced by staff at all levels of the business.
- Identify opportunities for aftermarket service and sales. Creating an entrepreneurial and dynamic unit delivering world class product and customer service.
- Ensure appropriate two-way interaction with fellow Business Unit MD’s regarding component supply as well as broader team based business strategy.
- Develop detailed reporting and analysis to give internal visibility to performance.
- Develop Human Resources policies and procedures in line with Group values and legal compliance. Lead employee training, development and communication.
- Lead/coordinate all activities in the area of employee relations, including Union/wage negotiations, working policies etc.
- Ensure the right Health, Safety and Environmental measurement, programmes and targets.
- A proven business leader with a strong track record of sales growth and profitability improvement in a technical branded products sector. Capital equipment ideal.
- Recent business experience in the area of aftermarket service and manufacturing of capital plant and equipment.
- The requirement for an entrepreneurial manager will need to be combined with the understanding and willingness to work within the highest performance and accountability standards required by publically quoted international business.
- A minimum of 10 years industrial business experience with at least 5 years at policy setting level. He or she can demonstrate a path of continuous professional development, which includes formal input through reputable educational or professional establishments, preferably on academic level with a degree in mechanical, electrical or industrial engineering.
- He or she has excellent oral and written communications skills in Dutch and English; other additional languages are an added value.
- He or she has demonstrated assertiveness and impact in business challenges, tempered with empathy for persons and situations. This calls for a self-sufficient management style and a high intercultural and multi-cultural sensitivity, which is gained by having worked for an international company.
- It is imperative that he or she has a clear vision of the business processes which include change management and Business Process Redesign and can get things done. In fact strong leadership capabilities are required and a hands-on pragmatic approach. Flexibility and empathy are also key competencies that the candidate possesses.
- Knowledge of Lean manufacturing, Six Sigma or other quality improvement programmes is a must in order to establish World Class performance. Extensive international sourcing experience is important.
- Must be hands-on and willing & able to lead from the front.
The Group Managing Director supports an apolitical management style and prefers a person with strong relationship building skills, who generates respect through being a role model. The candidate is flexible, adaptable and willing to take on a challenge. There is potential for growth to more senior roles in the company.
You can apply to this position by using the form below including CV and cover letter.