Manager Project Engineering
- 100k - 150k per annum
- Essen (Bij Roosendaal)
- Executives Online
Our client, Elster Gas is an international engineering group and market leader developing, producing and supplying metering and related products to the global gas industry with an annual sales turnover in excess of $1.1b and over 4,000 employees worldwide. Elster Gas is divided into 4 main business areas two based in Germany, one in Slovakia and one covering North America, each with full P&L responsibilities. There are a number of companies and plants within each of these business areas.
Managing Director, Essen Plant
Competitive salary, attractive comprehensive package
Start Date: asap
Elster-Instromet, Essen is involved mainly in project related business, supplying gas stations to international customers and the purpose of the role is to develop and implement coherent policies and procedures for the Engineering Department required to achieve the planned performance and quality objectives
- Develop a competent, well performing Engineering Department to achieve optimal results in terms of quality and cost effectiveness, through the setting of clear objectives, the periodic review of results achieved and the stimulation of team members to obtain their contribution with respect to improvement and innovation projects
- Build a cohesive Engineering Team of experts, specialists and team leaders and encourage the collaboration amongst team members to ensure the best performance of the department
- Produce and monitor the budget for the Engineering Department to ensure projects are handled with an optimal cost/quality ratio
- Organize the knowledge transfer amongst the engineering team members to ensure continuity
- Organize a continuous learning programme to ensure the organization is kept updated on new trends and developments in engineering (conferences, suppliers, colleagues, etc.)
- Maintain contacts with strategically relevant customers and suppliers to build collaborative, lasting relationships
- As a member of the management team, participate in the formulation and development of policies to determine the long term strategy of the organization
- Optimize the collaboration with other disciplines and departments in the organization to ensure quality and efficiency in the company
- Ensure cross site collaboration and coordination with other teams in the international Elster Gas organization are leveraged to the maximum benefit of the Group
- Ensure that legal regulations with respect to quality, safety and environment are adhered to both by own team members and by suppliers/contractors
- Master degree in Enginering, or equivalent through experience
- 10 years of relevant experience, preferably with suppliers to the oil&gas and related industries
- 5 years managerial experience
- Experience in project related engineering environments
- Knowledge of applicable international standards and guidelines
- Knowledge of measuring and control installations
- Knowledge of SAP
- People management skills
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills in Dutch and English; German and French an advantage
If of interest please respond by using the form below.
Tell us how your experience and skills demonstrate a strong fit to this role. Be concise, and as specific as possible.
Let op, dit is een herplaatsing ivm een uitgestelde reageertermijn. Indien u al heeft gereageerd op deze functie wordt u verzocht dit niet nogmaaals te doen.