International Sales & Marketing VP (Germany)
- 150k - 200k per annum
- Executives Online
Manufacturing - Consumables
We have been retained to resource an International Sales & Marketing VP by a worldwide manufacturer and distributor of laser toner cartridges. Main sales marketplaces are continental Europe and the U.S.A, with manufacturing sites in Europe, Asia and the U.S.A.
A publicly traded company with turnover of circa €100m, the aim is to strengthen the function and ensure strong succession planning.
Their strengths include a strong commitment to quality, financial stability, global low cost manufacturing, manufacturing technology and innovation, extensive worldwide environmental policies and complete ISO certified facilities.
Historically, as one of the major players in their industry, they have been able to be reactive to the opportunities that the market offers however in order to progress further it is now necessary to engage a new leader for the sales and marketing functions.
In this newly created position you will:
• Use your knowledge and experience of the Toner industry to understand the business and add value
• Lead the Sales & Marketing function in order to help the business initially maintain their position in the market and current revenue levels but in accordance with economic conditions target future growth in profitable revenues
• Interview, interact with and critically evaluate all current European sales and marketing personnel, providing feedback to the CEO
• Strategically recommend & deliver changes, as well as lead key business projects to improve revenue and operating contribution.
Reporting to the CEO this position is expected to provide potential succession planning for the future.
• European Sales Manager (England)
• Germany - Three sales people working primarily in the German market
• England - Two sales people
• Holland - Two sales people working in continental Europe
• Portugal - One individual working in sales and marketing
• Marketing - team based in the Head Office in Germany
Preferably within Germany, able to commute to the HQ near Düsseldorf. After an initial period you would be expected to relocate to Germany if based elsewhere. Relocation assistance will be provided if appropriate.
Successful candidates will demonstrate the following:
• Sales experience with print / toner related products is essential. Selling into the big box market with contract stationers (such as Office Depot, Staples, Lyreco, OfficeMax, Corporate Express, Office2Office and Unisource) and other high profile customers (such as Original Equipment Manufacturers) would be welcome.
• An established executive level sales leader with experience, a proven track record and an understanding of the European business to business marketplace. Experience in the USA would be beneficial but not essential.
• You may have developed your understanding of the market through management of Country Managers but more likely through the direct management of field sales people in Europe.
• The selected candidate must be able to evaluate the strengths and weaknesses of the current sales team and make recommendations and changes as required. Must also be able to recruit and hire additional sales talent.
• Frequent travel (50% or more) within Continental Europe will be required and the selected candidate must speak fluent English. Fluency in German would be advantageous but is not absolutely essential.
• An understanding of German culture and working practises will be invaluable.
• An appreciation and understanding of different European cultures and how this can impact business decision making.
• A desire to create a stable career within the organisation and for future leadership opportunities therein.
Please include a detailed covering letter to the retained consultant, Daryl Stickland, explaining your suitability for the position, language skills, anticipated notice period and remuneration expectations. Please apply by using the form below.
Please note that all direct & Third Party applications will be forwarded to Executives Online.
Due to current market conditions and the volume of responses we receive for each position, we will only be able to contact successful applicants.
For more information you can contact Daryl Stickland, telephone: +44 (0) 845 053 1188.
Tel: +31 (0)20 301 2159
Mobile: +31 (0) 653 564715
Executives Online for Fast-Track Executive Resourcing
Interim & Permanent Recruitment: 80,000-strong Executive Talent Bank
Amsterdam, Brussels, Dublin, Johannesburg, London, Milan, Paris, Sydney