Innovation & Technical Director
- Salary undisclosed
A leading international building materials supplier. For confidential reasons, the name of the client will be shared at a later stage.
The Innovation & Technical Director will take the lead in the innovation process. This will be done through a stage gate process in which is ensured that the right products and/or concepts are optimally developed and properly launched.
Further, the Innovation & Technical Director has to carry out projects entrusted to it in accordance with the pre-determined targets and in budget period of time.
After the development phase, the innovations need to be implemented in the production and all parties concerned need to be informed and instructed correctly.
The Innovation & Technical Director will report directly to the MD. The key stakeholders are the (other) management team members and the local Research & Development Managers.
Tasks & responsibilities
- You will be the owner of the stage/gate process
- You will translate the market demand for product – based on the demand that’s been presented by the Sales & Marketing Department, translate this into technical characteristics which are clearly for researchers and indicate the correct direction. After obtaining the necessary information, you give feedback risks, if any
- You will be part of the MT and bring value to the entire organization by means of Innovation
- You will do adequate research into the demand, need and possibilities for product adaptation and product innovation in order to gain market and consumer behaviour knowledge
- You will initiate, coordinate and implement (product) marketing activities in collaboration with the Marketing Director & Brand Manager
The position of Innovation & Technical Director is a new created position and therefore it is important that the candidate is someone who has the ability to lead the change in the organization. This also means that the candidate is able to attract and develop talent in order to compose the right team for the organization.
Because the Innovation & Technical Director is part of the management team, the candidate must have an entrepreneurial mind-set, so that a clear strategy and vision about the organization can be formed.
- Proven ability to manage workflows with multiple stakeholders in an effective manner
- Professional with a clear business and entrepreneurial understanding
- University degree in Industrial or Civil Engineering
- More than 10 years of experience in a senior technical/innovation position within an international, publicly listed company
- Excellent communication skills, with the flexibility and adaptability to liaise with all levels in the organization
- Positive attitude, open minded and accessible team player
- Willing to travel within Western Europe
- Fluent in English, other languages are an advantage
Terms & conditions
Competitive compensation package.
You are requested to apply to this position by following the link below. For more information, please contact Milou Heesakkers at +31 (0)73 615 47 00 (office) or +31 (0)6 52 42 13 16 (mobile).
Over deze headhunter - Quaestus Executive Leadership
Quaestus is gespecialiseerd in Executive Leadership en heeft een breed aanbod van diensten in Consulting, Executive Search en Leadership Development. Onze missie is het ontwikkelen van een Secure Base bij Raden van Bestuur en directie- en managementteams, met als doel het stimuleren van innovatie en exponentiële groei.
Quaestus Executive Leadership is sinds 2008 aangesloten bij Lintberg.