General Manager Netherlands (Steel trading industry)
- Salary undisclosed
- Eindhoven Area
Our client, an internationally operating steel trading company based in the Netherlands, is part of a large international stock listed group. The company is looking to recruit a General Manager who will be responsible for managing the complete Dutch entity (50-80 FTE). He/ she will be the representative of the company in the Netherlands and will provide a strong presence and structured growth in the market.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Ensure the continuity and further growth of the Dutch entity as General Manager; take up a hands-on role in Sales & Marketing
- Formulate the long term strategy together with the group headquarters. Develop a clear vision on the entire Dutch organisation and translate strategic goals into concrete plans and structured action programmes
- Enable an effective, inspiring, motivating, safe and secure working environment
- Achieve the company’s economic, financial and social objectives
- Extend client base by signalling new opportunities within the market, judge them on their merits and follow up
- Develop and maintain durable customer relationships by initiating and retaining trust
- Safeguard that the facility operates successfully, delivering its products and technologies and serving its customers optimally
- Maintain a broad and relevant network outside of the organisation and be able to portray a dynamic and reliable image of the organisation as a whole
- Maintain a broad and relevant network inside the international group seek for synergies and make sure they are leveraged
- Work on continuous organisational development and process improvements
- Regularly and timely reporting according to the requirements set by headquarters and in compliance with the rules and regulations set for a subsidiary of a Euronext listed company
- Represent the company and group at trade fairs and conferences
Background & experience
- Educated to a Bachelor or Master degree in Business or Engineering
- At least 10-12 years of progressive working experience of which a minimum of 5 years in a commercial management role
- Experience in the (stainless) steel industry is a must
- Proven track record of managing either a sales team or a small company, including profit and loss responsibilities. Experience in leading teams of at least 20 sales people
- Skilled in sales and business development
- Understanding of financial figures and their implications
- Experienced in formulating and executing long term sales strategies
- Well-developed people management skills able to inspire and motivate a team
- Practised in evaluating and improving company processes and efficiency
- Spoken and written fluency in Dutch and English. German and French would be considered as a plus
Essential Personal Qualities
- Outstanding customer focus and sales drive
- Hands-on and approachable for all levels within in the company
- Able to adapt to changing market circumstances while continuously growing the company
- An open and goal orientated communicator. Excellent presentation and interpersonal skills
- High-level of professionalism, solution minded, excellent planning and prioritising skills
- A dynamic, enthusiastic personality with the ability to inspire and motivate people and build a strong team
- Hard working and must possess a strong work ethic
- Ambitious and enthusiastic, as well as results focused
- Loyal, committed and flexible
- Strong mentoring and coaching skills
- Team oriented mature personality, leading by example
- Result driven and strong execution power
- Engaged and pro-active throughout the whole process; from initiation to implementation
You are requested to respond to this position by using the form below, including a recent resume in English. For more information, please contact Anisha Wai or Hans Jonkers at +31 (0)20 69 71 410.
Reference and diploma checks are standard part of the procedure; background checks and pre-employment screening may also be part of the procedure.
Over deze headhunter - Kienbaum
Wij zijn een Duits, innovatief familiebedrijf met 32 kantoren in 18 landen. In de ruim 20 jaar dat Kienbaum actief is op de Nederlandse markt, hebben we langlopende samenwerkingsverbanden opgebouwd met small tot large-sized multinationals, familiebedrijven, Venture Capital/Private Equity (VC/PE) en digitale start-ups.
Wij werken toegewijd aan het succes van uzelf en uw organisatie, voortbouwend op vertrouwensrelaties en ondersteund door onze internationale expertisenetwerken.
Kienbaum is sinds 2008 aangesloten bij Lintberg.