European Director Operations (apparel/retail)
- 100k - 150k per annum
- River Search Executive Recruitment
The Director of Operations is responsible for the overall operational execution for the Stride Rite European business. The Stride Rite European business includes all our Brands; Stride Rite. Keds, Sperry Top-Sider, and Saucony. This is a multifaceted role with broad based responsibilities. Additionally, this role will provide strategic direction, leadership and daily management to the operations, logistics, warehouse, customer service and buying teams. Also this position will have significant interaction and collaboration with the US corporate headquarters.
- Work effectively with the Collective Brands Inc distribution and logistics teams.
- Over sees the activities of Customer Service department to ensure customer satisfaction and company profitability
- Identify opportunities and risks in the business, including root causes to ensure optimizing the operations, including the inventory flow
- Manage and maintain European Office-Distribution facility and all assets
- Manage operations department responsible for production order placement for the SR subsidiaries and/or wholesale markets and European distributors
- Successfully lead and coordinate consolidation and expansion projects while working with the business areas
- Develops strategies and programs focused on reducing costs, reducing lead-times and increasing inventory turns/order turnaround time
- Review inventory positions versus sales forecasts to deliver optimal results and meet financial goals, manage and drive sell off of aged inventory
- Consolidate production plans, measure versus last year, plan and capacity and validate against inventory plans
- Responsible for driving inventory management improvements, increasing inventory turn and ensuring adherence to product planning calendar.
- Ensures the European business requirements are met working with Collective Brands’ information technologies
- Ensure proper level of technical support and training of key users
- Ensure the adequacy of management control, network maintenance, data communication and email sever in cooperation with system administration and Corporate IT.
This individual should have a Bachelor’s Degree in Business or equivalent; an MBA is preferred. This position requires 10+ years of progressive financial and operations experience in a consumer products organization, preferably within the footwear or apparel industry.
Must possess a strong knowledge of a wholesale, multi-brand business Must have strong operational, inventory management, IT and logistics skills. Should have solid financial, analytical, strategic planning, and project management skills. This individual must have strong leadership skills and be able to manage through systems and people to achieve business results. Must be able to reorganize people and activities to maximize resources in building a business. The successful candidate has strong command, composure and presentation skills with the ability to influence management on business decisions as it relates to financial and operational impact. He/She has experience with and knowledge of financial reporting and operating systems and procedures. Must be able to balance short and long term business needs with expense control measures in a fast paced environment. This person must have the ability to effectively work with all levels of the organization in Europe and the U.S.
This position requires command of the Dutch and English languages; other languages would be a plus.
The Stride Rite unit of Collective Brands, Inc., is based in Lexington, Mass., a suburb of Boston. It is the leading provider of high-quality children's footwear in the United States, and is a major provider of athletic and casual footwear for adults. Stride Rite was founded in 1919 on the strength of the Stride Rite® children's brand, but today includes a portfolio of iconic American brands addressing different market segments within the footwear industry. In addition to the Stride Rite® brand, the company markets footwear and other products under the following owned or licensed brands: Keds®, Grasshoppers®, Robeez®, Saucony®, Hind®, Sperry Top-Sider®, and Tommy Hilfiger®.
The Stride Rite unit is predominantly a wholesaler of footwear, selling its products nationally in a wide variety of retail formats including premier department stores, independent shoe stores, value retailers and specialty stores. Stride Rite also market its products through Stride Rite stores, of which there are more than 300 stores located in malls and select factory outlet centers. This unit of Collective Brands, Inc. also markets products in countries outside the United States and Canada through independent distributors and licensees.
You can apply by using the form below. For more information you can contact:
River Search Executive Recruitment
Due to a vacation, reactions at your application will be given from the 3rd of august.