Director of Operations
- Max. € 104.000 + bonus
- Search & Change for Foundation for Auditing Research (FAR)
The Foundation for Auditing Research (FAR) is an autonomous research institute aimed to academically inform the public and professional debate and policy making with regards to audit quality. The nine largest audit firms in the Netherlands (Deloitte, EY, KPMG, PwC, BDO, Mazars, Grant Thornton, Bakertilly, and Flynth) jointly finance FAR’s activities and make research data available to FAR's researchers. FAR’s activities focus on three pillars: opening-up research data from the audit practice, initiating and having carry out research projects, and communication and knowledge dissemination. With that, FAR is a unique collaboration between science and practice, both in the Netherlands and internationally. For more information on FAR, see the website: http://foundationforauditingresearch.org/
Given the steady growth of FAR's activities, the FAR Board wishes to professionalize the management organization. Nyenrode Business University, based in Amsterdam and Breukelen, hosts and services the management organization for FAR. This management organization consists of the Management Board and a small team of approximately five people (4 FTE). The Management Board consists of Prof. dr. Olof Bik RA (Professor at Nyenrode) and Prof. dr. Jan Bouwens (Professor at UvA) as Managing Directors, and Prof. dr. Henriëtte Prast (Tilburg University) as independent Chair of the Board.
Purpose of the job
As director of Operations, you will ensure high-quality, state-of-the-art operational services in support of the FAR's strategy. You will be in charge of the daily management and implementation of the strategy. This includes:
- the management of research projects / productions assigned to academic research teams (national and international), liaising and collaborating with the affiliated audit firms (from data collection to knowledge dissemination) and the data gathering and management in joint cooperation with a partner service organization (CentERdata).
- the implementation of the communication strategy and knowledge sharing, including:
- communication with the profession, stakeholders, and media (knowledge communication and editorial),
- organization of conferences, master classes and other knowledge-sharing events,
- ensuring effective academic knowledge transfer to inform the public and professional policy making with regards to audit quality.
- support in policymaking, effective and efficient running of operational processes and procedures, and board support.
- support activities such as finance, human resources, risk management and legal affairs.
Tasks & responsibilities
Five years into its existence, FAR has matured to a full professional organization and reached its initial goals. Recently FAR secured its second five-year term (2021 - 2025) and is now expanding into its second phase. As Director of Operations, you will therefore have the space and responsibility (together with the Board and with the support of the staff members) to give concrete and dynamic substance to this next phase. Therefore, we are looking for someone with an entrepreneurial spirit, a good sense of stakeholder management, accomplished communication skills, and who is able to operate decisively and result-driven to get things done. You will (co)define the policies in close consultation with the Board.
You will report to and advise the Board and are invited to attend FAR general board meetings as well as research conferences internationally.
- University Master’s degree.
- Demonstrated knowledge and ability to work effectively in a complex and multi-stakeholder environment.
- Able to communicate effectively with regards to informing the professional and public debate and with a sense of relations between different stakeholders (participating audit firms, the international research community, professional organizations, regulators, politics and media) in the profession.
- Accomplished interpersonal communication skills, both oral and written, in Dutch native speech and proficient in English (working language FAR).
- Minimum of 2 years work experience in a senior management position with end-responsibility in operational management in the above-mentioned fields.
- Result-oriented and decisive to get things done. Accustomed to operating independently and to provide direction. Able to motivate and inspire others with an open, communicative attitude.
- Entrepreneurial spirit focused on achieving results in an international scientific and professional external environment.
- Knowledgeable and able to effectively translate professional question in academic projects and how to translate scientific content into accessible professional communication and teaching formats.
- Affinity with and institutional knowledge of the auditing profession, the public debate surrounding this and scientific research and education in auditing is a plus, but the Director of Operations does not need to be an expert in those areas.
Why is this role attractive?
FAR is a knowledge institute and is characterized by a personal, informal atmosphere and a professional approach. Result-oriented work and attention to personal development go hand in hand, for example, you can participate in exclusive seminars and lunch lectures. This creates a dynamic work environment where you will be given a lot of responsibility and space to contribute to this goal in your own way. Within FAR you can actively participate in the international research community, interact with the best researchers in the field and key-note speakers.
- A salary with a minimum of € 6.272 and a maximum of € 8.087,- gross (on a fulltime basis of a 38-hour workweek, VSNU Scale 15), depending on your age and work experience.
- A fixed end-of-year bonus of at least 8.3% (over annual salary and holiday allowance).
- An employment contract of 80% (0.8 FTE) is offered (a larger of smaller appointment is possible).
- Based at Nyenrode Business University in Amsterdam and Breukelen.
- In addition, you have 29 days holiday (with the possibility of extending this by five days).
You can apply to this position by using the form below.
Over deze headhunter - Search & Change
Search&Change identificeert en begeleidt talent en vindt voor hen de beste werkomgeving, zodat impact ontstaat. We bemiddelen graag Achievers die tijdens hun loopbaan het verschil willen maken, mensen van wie anderen de impact duidelijk nog jaren ervaren.
Search & Change is sinds 2020 aangesloten bij Lintberg.