Compliance and Accounting Director, Europe
- 100k - 150k per annum
- Utrecht Area
- Executives Online
Compliance and Accounting Director, Europe
Purpose of the Job
- Direct and coordinate the accounting and compliance strategies of the company’s European operations, as communicated by the Global Service Center (“GSC”).
- Evaluate and identify ongoing business process improvements and cost efficiencies within the European Service Center (‘’ESC”) Ensure compliance with regulatory requirements such as Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) and Statutory obligations.
- Provide technical guidance and support to RESC F&A group, certain international practice offices and the ESC as needed.
- Participate in mergers and acquisitions, due diligence, IFRS and oversee the integration of new legal entities & country operations.
- Research complex accounting pronouncements and interpretations to ensure sound treatment in accordance with GAAP (both US and applicable European entity) including valuation of goodwill and intangibles, business combinations relating to mergers and acquisitions, and capital formation strategies, amongst other accounting areas.
- Develop, implement and enforce accounting policies and procedures in satisfaction of GAAP, IFRS and/or country-specific GAAP and the COSO framework of internal controls; maintains current awareness of regulatory, internal, system or procedural changes to help identify modifications for accounting policies and procedures and internal controls.
- Oversees the financial reporting function to ensure accuracy including SEC reports, regulatory reports, statutory reports, and internal board and management reports.
- Work closely with the business to identify SOX and operational risk processes and control.
- Works with other departments to gain knowledge of operations impacting accounting and identify/implement initiatives to increase operational efficiencies.
- Engineer and implement timely and accurate financial accounting and reporting through continuous business process improvements.
- Conducts financial analysis of operations of Company subsidiaries as necessary.
- Assists with obtaining information and management information reporting.
- Act as key account manager for GSC. Coordinate quarterly reviews and ad hoc analysis of European business performance as required by GSC
- Act as a counselor for the SVP Europe.
- Support SVP Europe in evaluation and due diligence of potential acquisitions
- Proactively advice on projects and files from an expert role from compliance and accounting perspective
- Regularly exercise discretion and independent judgment in managing financial risk.
- Develop the finance teams skills and knowledge relating to statutory (IFRS, US/local GAAP) and compliance (SOX) issues.
- Management experience in a US parent multi-national business environment, preferably in a Shared Service Center.
- Experience in working with different European cultures
- Possess exceptional organizational skills and the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Advanced understanding of generally accepted accounting principles (US and European), IFRS, SOX and internal controls.
- Experience with managing SOX reporting & testing requirements.
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality and professional demeanor.
- Good verbal and written communication skills. Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of personnel.
- Excellent command of English, both written and verbal. Knowledge of other European languages (especially Dutch) is an advantage.
- Advanced computer skills and experience with ERP systems
- Well organized, flexible and multi-task oriented.
- Able to work independently and with little supervision, but also act as a teamplayer.
- Able to work within a dynamic team and adapt to changing business environment.
- A minimum education level of a Bachelors degree in economics, business administration, accounting or finance.
- 8 years of advanced accounting, and financial reporting experience and financial analysis experience (mix of public and private accounting).
You can apply by using the form below. For more information you can contact:
Direct : +31 (0)203 012 159
Mobile: +31 (0)653 564 715
ATRIUM GEBOUW, STRAWINSKYLAAN, 3051, 1077 ZX AMSTERDAM.