- 100k - 150k per annum
- Rotterdam/ Rijnmond
- Executives Online
Our client, an leading organisation in repair and manufacturing of sheet metal fabrications for aerospace and industrial applications.
You will work closely with the Sales, Engineering, and departments involved in the supply chain to establish manufacturing priorities, schedule activities and employees, revise schedules, and resolve problems quickly and efficiently.
Establish production efficiencies
Reporting structure: directly to the MD
Member of the MT
You must be skilled in formulating plans for the control of outputs, budget spending, labour efficiency, materials efficiency, developing production plans; preparing manufacturing and maintenance budgets, scheduling expenditures, and initiating corrective action for cost overruns; establishing preventive maintenance requirements; reviewing and approving cost control reports; and providing orientation and on-the-job training to ensure that the responsibilities of each position are defined and understood
The successful applicant for this job must be able to handle responsibility for the production of goods of specified quantity and quality at minimum cost and according to schedule; supervise the allocation and distribution of materials for production; establish and monitor production schedules; regulate work flow to ensure maximum use of capacity and requirements; developing and planning budgets for the capital expansion of operations, production equipment purchases, and production facilities; and supervising all plant maintenance activities. You must be familiar with all regulations concerning the Occupational Safety and Health Law, as well as environmental issues concerning the storage of hazardous chemicals and disposal of hazardous waste.
Candidate should be;
- Results-oriented, with strong leadership skills.
- Motivating others and lead by example.
- Tough and take a firm stand on issues as necessary, but also fair and reasonable.
- Self critical
- An team leader and a team player.
- An analytical problem solver
- An communicator, honest, clear concise and direct communication skills, able to
- Effectively communicate with both management and direct reports.
- Overseeing the production process, drawing up an ERP based production schedule;
- Ensure planned KPI’s of efficiency and performance are met or exceeded. Among others; improve daily efficiency, reduce cycle time, reduce rework and scrap, reduce material cost per unit improve gross margin, management of labour cost and overhead spending. Ensuring that the production is cost effective;
- Monitoring the production processes/flow and adjusting schedules as needed;
- Monitoring product standards, improve work instructions and implementing quality-control programs;
- Implement and drive continuous improvement activities through implementation of change management process and best practices.
- Liaising among different departments, e.g. suppliers, managers;
- Coordinate, set up and implement standard operating procedure for all production operations.
- Manage the adherence to prescribed procedures to ensure first pass quality meets or exceeds planned goals.
- Ensure complete compliance to prescribed QA, H&S and 6S processes.
- Track competencies of subordinates and provide leadership and development as required to achieve the objectives.
- Bachelor degree in engineering.
- Strong analytical, numerical, and reasoning abilities are required, as are sound administrative and management skills.
- Minimum of five years’ managerial experience, in a manufacturing environment, is essential. Experience working in both union and non-union environments is an asset.
- Proven track record in managing production, preferably in automotive or metal industry.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, set priorities, identify and address problems, meet deadlines, and stay within budget
- Ability to create and manage production budgets
- Familiar with ERP systems and Microsoft office
- English, fluent
You can apply by using the form below. For more information you can contact: Edwin Glas, Managing Director via +31 (0)20 301 2159 of +31 (0) 653 564715.
Executives Online for Fast-Track Executive Resourcing
Interim & Permanent Recruitment: 80,000-strong Executive Talent Bank
Amsterdam, Brussels, Cologne, Dublin, Johannesburg, London, Milan, Paris, Sydney