- 100k - 150k per annum
- Twente + International travel
For one of our clients, a specialized manufacturer of advanced industrial products, we're looking for a
The position directly reports to the Head of Supply Chain Management. Responsibilities include:
- Leading international manufacturer of advanced industrial products; ~2000FTE, turnover EUR > 400 million
- Dimensions: managing > 15 FTE, > 200Mio spend, Europe
- Be a business partner to executive management and the business
- Challenging change management and many projects
- Support the company with an excellent purchasing strategy and manage the daily sourcing operations to maximize its benefits to the business. Manage and lead the Purchasing Department of the company including procurement of direct and indirect articles as well as services and investments.
Management / leadership
Is in charge of purchasing, leads and manages a department with 17 team members. Hierarchically heads the team and coordinates the work within the team and formulates the strategy/objectives derived from Supply Chain and company strategy and objective settings. Creates a mid- and long term purchasing strategy and action plan and carries this out jointly with internal customers and senior purchasers/commodity managers
Policy development, governance and support
Initiates purchasing policy and propagates policy internal as well as external, motivates organization and team for efficient and effective use of purchase in terms of material and service dedication and of deliveries from suppliers. Provides relevant management- and control information
Administration and operations
Is accountable for execution and administration of the complete procurement process including processing payments and invoices, negotiates prices and agreeing contracts, terms and conditions. Reports in a standard way about progress, quality and execution of purchase activities and keeps up with market trends; researching and identifying new products and suppliers. Leads improvement projects or takes part in projects as a member
- Master degree in the field of Business Administration or a Technical degree.
- Additional specialism/experience in the field of strategic purchasing, logistics/supply chain management would be an advantage.
- Minimum of 12 years relevant working experience
- Strong management skills and experience to lead an international team
- Purchasing strategy set up and implementation
- Considerable experience in procurement processes in international organizations
- Purchase process / contract management
- Excellent negotiating skills and networking skills
- Professional know-how of management methodologies and techniques
- Profound knowledge and skills in logistics applications including; SAP, Vendor Rating and MS Office
Essential Personal Qualities:
- Commitment towards the company’s success and forming of vision, strategy and policy on purchasing.
- Leadership skills and team working
- Good spoken and written communication skills
- The ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Professional, decisive, positive, flexible, pro-active and customer oriented attitude
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Good business sense; an organized approach
- Ability to comprehend complex matters and to distinguish essentials from side-issues (helicopter view)
- Spoken and written fluency in Dutch and English is required
- Additionally German and/or French is a plus
Twente region, Netherlands. International travel is required.
You can apply to this position by using the form below. For more information, please contact Michiel Prins or Christine Pieters at +31 (0)20 6971410.
Over deze headhunter - Kienbaum
Wij zijn een Duits, innovatief familiebedrijf met 32 kantoren in 18 landen. In de ruim 20 jaar dat Kienbaum actief is op de Nederlandse markt, hebben we langlopende samenwerkingsverbanden opgebouwd met small tot large-sized multinationals, familiebedrijven, Venture Capital/Private Equity (VC/PE) en digitale start-ups.
Wij werken toegewijd aan het succes van uzelf en uw organisatie, voortbouwend op vertrouwensrelaties en ondersteund door onze internationale expertisenetwerken.
Kienbaum is sinds 2008 aangesloten bij Lintberg.