Director of Research & Development (agri)
- Salary undisclosed
- Breda area
- KLV Professional Match
For confidentiality reasons, the name of the organisation will be shared at a later stage.
The objective of this position is to manage the global R&D division with different breeding programs. Key objectives are to deliver leading hybrids, achieve product leadership according to the company strategy and achieve freedom to operate and technological advantage.
The Director of R&D is a member of the management team and member of the research committee of Vegetable Seeds division. You will be responsible for multiple R&D teams worldwide and you will report directly to the CEO.
Tasks & responsibilities
- Developing a flow of new varieties which qualify to the product definitions, as determined by PMS & PMC teams, and according to the budget & time limitations
- Assuring the R&D division is in the front of scientific knowhow, creating freedom to operate and generating competitive technological positions for the company and the Vegetable Seeds division
- Building an optimal set of breeding plans, support and development technologies, while keeping the right balance between internal programs and outsourcing
- Develop a long term vision for bringing the company to the top position from product portfolio and technology
- Who has a Master degree (preferred PhD.) in genetics, plant breeding, plant disease or molecular biology
- Who worked for a significant period as a team leader/manager in a R&D division of a company in the field of plants improvement or pharmaceutical field
- Who has experience in leading teams of researchers and scientists and also in leading interaction with marketing and other units
- You will travel 40-50% of your time towards new R&D locations
- Who is committed to results and can combine long & short term perspectives
- Managerial and leadership capabilities are a must, as is the ability to collaborate and create multidisciplinary teams inside R&D, Marketing and other units
- Very high level of English (French, Hebrew and Dutch is appreciated)
Terms & conditions
Working at this company means contributing in a professional way to the growth of their business, in an informal, international environment. They are customer and market oriented and teamwork is important. Other characteristics of the organization are openness, flexibility and orientation on results. They focus on employee development with consideration and respect for individual needs.
You are invited to apply to this position by using the link below.