Account Manager Chemical Operations
- 100k - 150k per annum
Our client provides comprehensive global commercial and industrial property insurance, engineering-driven underwriting and risk management solutions, groundbreaking property loss prevention research and prompt, professional claims handling. As a mutual company, their products and services directly support the clients' overall risk management objectives. The American enterprise is established in more than 120 countries, with 50 offices and 5.000 employees, including France and the Netherlands. It's one of the biggest companies in their market. Our client has been chosen to be the best property insurer of the world by Euromoney Magazine. Chemical Operations is one of the branches within the company. It has a wide selection of quality accounts in the chemical industry whose operations range from fine chemicals to petrochemicals. This division is based in Amsterdam. From here they serve their clients in Europe and Africa.
The primary purpose of this position is to perform insurance servicing and underwriting activities on existing accounts and to underwrite new business. In this crucial position the candidate leads an overall account team. Besides, he/she serves as key interface on all aspects of the account including insurance products and services, engineering and claims services.
- Maintain a profitable book of business by effective use of sales techniques, client relationships, risk assessments, application of sound underwriting principles and creative use of underwriting resources
- Ensure premium growth by retaining existing clients through value added service
- Provide professional advice and consultation on insurance coverages and risk management matters
- Establish risk improvement priorities and support efforts
- Collect outstanding premium balances to meet Operation's goals and objectives
- Ensuring that the Account Business Plan is implemented effectively and efficiently
The account manager provides leadership to the Client Service Team. This team exists of an account engineer, a field engineering assistant, an underwriter, a client processing specialist, a client processing associate and a claims technical assistant. The account manager reports directly to the Client Service Manager.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent (most employees have a background in engineering)
- Relevant national insurance qualifications are an advantage
- 5 years of industry experience in servicing/underwriting high challenge occupancies
- Excellent written, presentational and interpersonal communication skills
- Working knowledge of property insurance and forms, financial statements and general loss prevention engineering concepts are desired
- Consultative and problem solving skills
- Fluent in English, German and French
- Willing to travel 20-25%
- Excellent salary
- Great education and trainings
- Working with challenging clients
- Having a lot of opportunities in the future
- People within the company are very open and informal. They are ambitious and real teamplayers.
For further information, please contact Gijs de Haas van Dorsser: +31 (0)6 21599267. You can apply by using the form below.