- Salary undisclosed
- Netherlands (+frequent travel)
Our client is an established yet growing fashion retailer that is active in more than 25 countries.
Please note: Due to the confidentiality of this search, we are not permitted to disclose any additional company details with candidates until a further stage.
The Sales Director is responsible for creating and delivering sales strategy for the market that ensures attainment of company sales goals and profitability. (S)he will manage a small sales team which focuses on the Dutch market as well as agents and distributors in the international markets.
Responsibilities & deliverables
- Developing strategy, tactics, sales plans and profit targets
- Establishing sales objectives by forecasting and developing annual sales quotas for regions and territories; projecting expected sales volume and profit
- Maintaining sales volume, product mix, and selling price by keeping current with supply and demand, changing trends, economic indicators, and competitors
- Managing network of international agents and distributors, assess quality and achievements of agents and distributors and replace and align where required
- Increasing market share in existing markets and maximize new business development opportunities
- Initiating and coordinating development of action plans to penetrate new markets
- Achieving targets for revenue, profitability and sales growth.
- Minimum Bachelor Degree in Business, Economics, Marketing or other related discipline
- Minimum of 10 - 12 years of work experience in an international retail environment
- Proven sales management experience in retail with a good record of achieving targets
- Fashion retail background is a must, women’s fashion experience is preferred
- Extensive experience in dealing with agents and distributors in North, West, Central and East Europe and having a current, high quality, international network of agents and distributors with established relationships in these organizations
- Strong sales and negotiation skills
- Good business sense and hands-on
- Ability of inspire, motivate and lead a team
- Initiative, drive and enthusiasm
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Fluency in English, both oral and written
- German proficiency is considered as a strong plus. Other European languages are beneficial
- Willing to travel international extensively
The position can be fulfilled on interim base or as permanent employment.
You can apply to this position by using the form below.
Over deze headhunter - Kienbaum
Wij zijn een Duits, innovatief familiebedrijf met 32 kantoren in 18 landen. In de ruim 20 jaar dat Kienbaum actief is op de Nederlandse markt, hebben we langlopende samenwerkingsverbanden opgebouwd met small tot large-sized multinationals, familiebedrijven, Venture Capital/Private Equity (VC/PE) en digitale start-ups.
Wij werken toegewijd aan het succes van uzelf en uw organisatie, voortbouwend op vertrouwensrelaties en ondersteund door onze internationale expertisenetwerken.
Kienbaum is sinds 2008 aangesloten bij Lintberg.