Channel Director EMEA
- 150k - 200k per annum
- Home Office
- TopSearch Group
Channel Director EMEA
Our client is a small startup global US software vendor with an non-political, straightforward hands-on and no-nonsense American culture. Our client is building a world-class EMEA Channel organization of experienced professionals and channel partners. We are looking for an EMEA Channel Sales Director who will report to the Vice President EMEA and will be part of the EMEA MT. While clients main office is located in the US, this position is located in EMEA HQ in the Netherlands. Regular travel required. You will be responsible for a small team (about 4 channel managers + 2 tbh) in EMEA.
Duties and Responsibilities:
This is a sales role closing revenue contracts with Partners and Partner Customers - achieve and exceed assigned revenue target and other objectives based on clients and the Partner’s business plans. You will be responsible for defining Channel (Marketing) Programs as well
- Need to effectively communicate clients value proposition, vision, product and service capabilities to Partners and Partner targets.
- Evangelize both internally and externally to support channel and Partner harmony.
- Drive Partner sales opportunities as necessary, including conflict resolution.
- Manage interface between Partners and Client.
- Introduce Partner to new products and services as they become available – enable Partners to effectively sell and close opportunities.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Know clients business and how Partners’ businesses work; know the competition and how to position our client.
- Communication - understand and communicate complex contract requirements and develop proposals - proficient in understanding and communicating all product financial ROI, TCO and technical information.
- Customer Focus - proficient in assessing and exceeding customer needs – assure Customer Success.
- Decision Making and Problem Solving - assess key decision makers' needs and determine, and deliver, the appropriate sales message and service offerings to meet Partner Customer needs.
- Initiative - increase sales to existing Partner customers by identifying additional needs - lead Partner and client sales initiatives, where applicable, by developing account plan, identifying necessary resources and leading customer interface - create leads through networking and following up on others' efforts - anticipate problems/opportunities. As client is of small size do not expect a well organized marketing engine. You will have to do/arrange a lot of this work yourself
- Integrity - honest even when self-damaging - able to influence others - recognizes the need for tact - encourages ethical work environment.
- Negotiating - proficient in managing complex negotiations - identify and address hidden agendas.
- 15 years business experience (software channel management) with 10 years successful experience in commissioned sales roles.
- Demonstrated experience in account management.
- Proven ability to develop and implement business plans and achieve required results.
- Knowledge of team concepts and principles; sales and marketing strategies, management of resources, analytical problem-solving and communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to win in highly competitive sales situations - strong executive and consultative relationship selling background.