- € 100.000
- Den Bosch
- Job Investment for New Store Europe
New Store Europe is active in the development, production, transportation and installation of retail concepts worldwide. New Store Europe focuses on global brands and international operating retail organizations. Complete branded stores, shop in shops, modular store concepts and roll-outs are realized by us from idea to implementation. New Store Europe provides shopfittings for national and international clients, such as HP, Belgacom, Darty, Bijenkorf, KPN and Total.
New Store Europe has offices and production facilities in 12 countries. The headquarter is located in Oslo (Norway). In the Western Europe Region we are located in ‘s-Hertogenbosch, Zoetermeer (Benschop BV), Grobbendonk in Belgium and Oberhausen in Germany.
The company is characterized by ‘Trust, courage and dedication”. The management pursues this goal by providing personal development. The communication is informal and personally.
New Store Europe Group needs to strengthen the quality of the sourcing function as part of the strategy to drive down our cost base. To meet this objective, we are recruiting an experienced Sourcing Director to develop the Sourcing function and supply chain for the Western Europe region.
The Sourcing Director will be part of the board of Directors of New Store Europe Holding BV (responsible for the Western Europe Region) and will be working within the Group Sourcing Team to develop the sourcing function for the Western Europe region. The candidate will need to work in a Group matrix structure to achieve the group goals for sourcing.
You will be working closely with the Executive Vice President for Group Sourcing and the Group Sourcing Team to create a world class sourcing supply chain and function for the group. The goal is to maximise the sourcing synergies that exist with the New Store Europe Group of companies to create one group supply chain.
As one of 3 Group Sourcing Directors, you will work very closely to the Executive Vice President Group Sourcing and the other 2 Group Sourcing Directors, based in the UK and Norway. This role will also oversee the Purchasing department in the Western Europe Region to ensure that group synergies are achieved. You will need to work with other country managers, Head of China operations and other group colleagues.
The New Store Europe Western Europe Region (operating from The Netherlands), is the second largest of the business units within New Store Europe group. It has been developed using global sourcing and the Dutch based Sourcing Director will play a key role in developing the Group sourcing supply and process.
Tasks & responsibilities
- Develop the sourcing process to ensure we can purchase in the most efficient way
- Develop a global supply base that is cost effective and can deliver quality product and service right the first time
- To evaluate existing and potential suppliers, negotiate improved purchasing terms and service levels without jeopardising the company’s operational standards
- Work toward JIT supply of materials in order to reduce stock
- Ensure that detailed document procedures are in place for quality and conformance
- Ensure that every cost is looked at, when making decisions and negotiate supplier contracts that gives New Store Europe competitive edge
- Ensure that suppliers are managed to suit operational requirements
- Support the tender teams in getting the best price
- Monitor the Western Europe Region and group spend and report monthly
- Global travel to review and develop suppliers is key part of this role
- Challenge suppliers to come up with value engineering suggestions
- Challenge the design teams to use alternative materials to reduce cost
- Ensure group saving targets are met
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes and materials;
- Knowledge of the ‘hidden’ and on-costs associated with global or external sourcing;
- Fully understand margins and overhead recovery rates;
- Understanding of supply chain management is essential;
- Good negotiation skills;
- Able to work under pressure and on using its own initiative;
- Global sourcing and experience of dealing with Eastern European / Far-East sources;
- Ability to work in Matrix structure;
- Self driven and ability to challenge;
- Strong communication skills.
- Purchasing Leadership Programme (previous Nevi 3) educated
- Post-graduate APICS education / Certified Supply Chain Professional (CSCP) would be an advantage
- Degree Level – Engineering would be an advantage
- Knowledge of value engineering would be highly beneficial
- Hands on experience in engineering would be very useful
- Experience in the shop fitting industry would be an advantage
- Experienced Buyer
- Ability to take on responsibility for leading a purchasing team
- Passion for reducing costs whilst improving service levels
- Ability to accurately evaluate a supplier base
- Ability to ascertain a supplier’s true costs
- Proficient in the use of benchmarking methods
- Skilled and successful negotiator
- Ability to balance the elements of supply, service and price
- Ability to successfully global source
- Able to integrate supplier bases for the group
- Experience of driving a team to focus on best practice
- Experience within the retail/merchandising/POP display equipment market
- Experience in working with short lead times
- Experience of managing stock
- Experience of JIT and MRP
- Ability to use computer based systems
Essential personal attributes
- You will need to be strong willed, without appearing self-opinionated
- Be a strong team player who works closely with internal colleagues and key third party suppliers
- Have the strength of character and ability to debate a point with financial and operational colleagues
- Commercially very strong
- Other qualities would include being:
- Ruthless and tenacious
- Flexible, but hungry for success
Desirable personal attributes
- Should lead by example
- Ability to work at all levels
- Aware of people needs
Terms & conditions
Salary indication for this position is max. € 100.000 fixed, depending on experience.
You are requested to respond to this position by using the form below, sending in an English motivation letter and cv. Please do not apply if you do not meet the required relevant business experience.