Senior Accounting Director
- Salary undisclosed
- Page Executive
Fast growing international organization with over 45 offices worldwide.
The company is moving the Headquarters to Amsterdam and is therefore looking for a Senior Accounting Director to set up the finance & accounting department.
Tasks & responsibilities
Primarily support the overall organization by providing strategic and day-to-day leadership over the following:
Key responsibilities include the following:
- Manage the Global General month end close for approximately 70 global ledgers.
- Further refinement and adherence to a global close calendar
- Lead the global project to reduce and streamline the timing of the period end close process
- M&A lead for accounting related integration and support
- Enhance the effectiveness of the moth end close process by refining Blackline and a corporate tier review process for all month end close package submissions
- Provide accurate and timely dissemination of IFRS, Dutch GAAP, US GAAP and local STAT financial reports including, but not limited to, internal and external statements (monthly, quarterly and annually)
- Perform analytical review of Global operating results to ensure the accuracy of accounting records
- Identify and address accounting issues in a timely manner
- Review Corporate and regional key account reconciliations and ensure exceptions are corrected on a timely basis for various accounts, including intercompany accounts
- Working with the Technical Accounting department, Co-lead the development and adherence to all accounting policies and controls
- Ensure all processes are appropriately documented and updated as needed
- Ensure the consolidation is in conformity with IFRS and US GAAP and that eliminations and foreign currency translations are correct
- Review monthly close process including global consolidation and seek opportunities to standardize and automate processes to gain efficiencies
- Partner with Technical Accounting for Group and local external audit requirements
- Partner with Global Tax for local tax reporting requirements
- Support ad-hoc projects as required
- Develop, evaluate, and adopt IFRS and US GAAP accounting standard updates and develop, update and maintain relevant accounting policies.
- Partner and coordinate cross-functionally to understand business transactions and effectively communicate accounting issues with various departments throughout the company.
- Assist Technical accounting with the preparation of accounting memos providing documentation of the Company's application of accounting principles to specific transactions
- Assist technical accounting in preparing support for and managing the year-end financial audit.
- Assist in monitoring workload, train and evaluate staff, and hold employees accountable for performance and accuracy.
- Ensure team members acquire necessary skills and performance attributes, in line with business and personal development needs.
- Motivate and reward employees including providing salary increases, bonuses and promotions within allocated budgets and within company guidelines.
- CA/ CPA/ RA qualification
- Big 4 experience
- Expert knowledge of IFRS
- Experience with a Global company with significant presence in the Americas, EMEA, APAC, and the Nordics
- Strategic and visionary mindset combined with strong project management and analytical skills
- Experience with M&A integration
- Strong decision-making skills
- Continuous improvement and process mindset with a passion for measuring results through data and metrics
- Strong interpersonal skills with all levels of management, vendors, consultants and contractors
- Ability to manage multiple projects/tasks in a demanding, fast-paced environment
- Ability to adapt to changes and work with tight timelines
- Passion for creating and building system infrastructure and processes
- Understanding of processes and procedures in a global environment
- An excellent salary package
- Flexible working environment, 2-3 days from home
You can apply to this position by using the link below.
Over deze headhunter - Page Executive
The executive search division of PageGroup, Page Executive provides a range of search, selection and talent management solutions for organisations on a permanent and interim basis. Recognised for our powerful in-house research function, speed and flexibility of response and assignment completion rates, organisations worldwide use Page Executive to secure their senior talent.
Page Executive is part of PageGroup, worldwide leaders in specialist recruitment.
Page Executive is sinds 2008 aangesloten bij Lintberg.