- Salary undisclosed
- Lime Search & Connection
For our client, a leading global international company active in FMCG industry we are currently looking for a Regional Tax Director. The company has over 24,000 employees and is active in 120 countries. This is a new role and will be based in Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
This crucial position exists to cooperate with Global Head of Tax, and Global Head of Direct Tax as well as Director Indirect Tax to set the Tax Strategy for the Regions' tax matters, to drive the tax agenda for these Regions forward and to ensure Tax Policies and Procedures are adhered to by all relevant entities and their finance teams.
Proactively advise on market and factories (in Western Europe (WE) and Central Europe (CE) geography) tax filing positions, audits and rulings so that compliance is ensured and taxation burden is kept to sustainable minimum.
Manage from HQ point of view and support entities with entity tax compliance and tax audits, including Transfer Prices - in cooperation with Director Transfer Pricing. This activity ensures that the regional tax planning and compliance efforts are compatible with Group Tax strategies as well as tax laws applicable to the group. The incumbent manages this activity with a very high degree of autonomy and interacts where needed directly with corporate controller and external auditors.
Assist the Indirect Tax Team in achieving optimised goods flows and service arrangements at minimum VAT / Custom Duties and Excise cost.
Manage Tax Value & Risk Assessment process for the WE and CE regions so that the CFO and Global Head of Tax can present annually to the CEO the summary of tax value and risks of the entity and finance structures deployed across the Region.
Oversee advisory budget such that fees are spent within limits set by global head of tax
Manage tax accounting at HQ level for the regions and cooperate with Corporate Control on Tax Reporting so that the organizations consolidated financial statements accurately reflect the tax risks of the region's entities.
Lead and advise on HMRC matters
Tasks & responsibilities
- This position pro-actively drives taxd structuring, entity structuring, transfer pricing - in cooperation with the Group Tax Director and Director Global Transfer Pricing- and oversight on tax operational risks as well as compliance reviews.
- The objective of this role is to create and maintain an optimal balance between Tax Value and Risk whilst focusing on continuous compliance.
- This role strategically and operationally interfaces with Regional CFO & Markets Finance, Global Supply Chain Finance, Legal, Business Development, Treasury, Entity Management, Corporate Controller, Tax and other functions to ensure strategies are understood, business changes are reflected and projects are implemented.
- This role leads tax accounting analysis and documentation for the regions to ensure the organizations consolidated financial statements are accurately reflecting the tax risks of the Region.
- This role leads the court cases and other dispute matters in the UK.
- This role is the organizations primary face to HMRC insofar direct tax matters are concerned.
- This position assists VP Tax in leading and executing accounting standards for relevant tax accounting reportinf.
- The incumbent interacts with Regional and Market finance teams as well as external auditors.
- University degree in tax law, tax economics or equivalent. Knowledge of European / International tax regimes is plus. LLM, MBA in addition to tax education is plus
- Work Experience > 10 years in international tax, preferably with large experience in cross border transactions involving the Regions. In depth UK tax knowledge is a must.
- Strive for Quality
- Gives guidance and provides feedback to ensure quality standards (ensures understanding through questioning, is constructive and objective, coaches, monitors progress)
- Winning Attitude
- Challenges status quo, looking for better ways to improve the business (understands the issues, assesses, presents facts and views, innovative, speaks up)
- Energize & develop people
- Drives development based on honest feedback on performance and potential (confronts and appraises honestly, coaches, identifies development opportunities, manages expectations, does this on an ongoing basis)
- Execute with Excellence
- Takes action to improve business units performance (perseveres to find solutions and achieve results, aims to exceed work unit targets, sets stretch KPI's, seeks continuous improvement, uses best practice to improve team performance, seeks to influence decisions and outcomes)
Interesting compensation package
You are requested to respond to this position by using the form below.
Over deze headhunter - LIME Search & Connection
LIME Search & Connection is een gespecialiseerd search, interim management en assessment bureau in Finance, Tax en Treasury. Wij adviseren en coachen senior professionals bij de keuze naar de ideale vervolgstap in hun carrière binnen of buiten hun organisatie. Wij adviseren onze opdrachtgevers bij het aantrekken van de juiste mensen én het optimaal inrichten van hun finance organisatie.
LIME Search & Connection is sinds 2008 aangesloten bij Lintberg.