Regional Finance Director Northern Europe
- 100k - 150k per annum
- Amsterdam area
Our client is the Dutch subsidiary of a US-based Fortune 1000 company, listed on the NYSE, with a global turnover of more than USD 3 billion and over 5.000 employees worldwide. It's a very successful and financially healthy B2B retail company, working with a multi channel marketing system.
The Dutch company, with appr. 200 FTE, is located in the Amsterdam region with additional offices in Utrecht and in Sweden. The majority of the personnel is involved in sales and services. The company is aggressively looking to grow its business through acquisitions and organic growth both in Holland and in Europe.
Currently, this client has asked us to recruit qualified candidates for the job of Regional Finance Director Northern Europe.
Within this responsible, challenging, fulltime job, the responsibilities are as follows:
- Providing local support to VP Sales and Marketing on all financial matters
- Financial Management of the Dutch and Swedish business
- Oversee reporting for local entities on a monthly basis
- Working with EMEA and Shared Service Center in coordinating the budgeting and forecasting process, to ensure accurate reporting
- Dealing with local external audit teams in the annual audit process
- Working with the local market finance in Product Management to ensure recording accurate vendor rebate activities
- Coordinate the budget formation and re-forecasting (on a weekly / quarterly basis)
- Preparation of statutory reporting
- Preparation of tax reporting
- Assist in the reporting of variance of actual results to budget
- Assist in the reporting of variance to forecast and make recommend for adjustment for the balance of financial year
- Provide analytical support for the local business operations
The Regional Finance Director Northern Europe will become part of the local Management Team, and will report directly towards the EMEA CFO, with a dotted line to the local General Manager.
- Master degree on the field of Finance/Economics, preferably CPA (in Dutch: RA) degree
- 10+ years of working experience on the field of Finance, ideally with several years of working experience at a Big-4 or medium sized public audit firm
- 6+ years leadership experience
- Native Dutch speaking, business fluency in English is essential; Swedish is a plus
- Knowledge of SAP ECC (SAP FI/CO) and MS Excel is required, knowledge of BAAN is an advantage
- Excellent analytical, financial evaluation and organization skills
- Experience of working within a matrix organization
- Precise, reliable and accurate working styleg
- Excellent negotiation and problem solving skills
- Good interpersonal, communication and influencing skills
- Selfstarter, independent, self confident
- Willing to travel internationally on a regular basis (average 1 week a month)
Our client offers a very interesting remuneration package; the salary indication for this position is € 100.000 - 125.000, excluding a bonus. Moreover, a very challenging and international job is offered, with lots of freedom and great future outlook, within a very professional yet dynamic and successful company.
You are requested to apply to this position by using the form below.