Group Financial Controller
- Salary undisclosed
- YER for Aevitas Property Partners
Aevitas Property Partners is an Amsterdam-based real estate investment management company with an equity commitment that exceeds $ 2.5 billion, from a large US pension fund. Aevitas invests on a global basis in majority-controlled real estate investment operating companies. The company focuses on investment strategies that are scalable with the potential to become dominant market players providing significant growth over time. Aevitas currently owns 6 local investment platforms (‘Real Estate Operating Companies’ or ‘REOC’s’) with operations in The Netherlands, UK (London), Hungary, Romania, France (Paris) and India (Delhi).
Do you have an interest in the real estate sector and international financial markets, and would you like to work within an international and challenging environment? Then this is your chance!
For Aevitas, YER Executive would like to get in touch with a Group Financial Controller. In this position, you will be part of the Aevitas Group Finance team in Amsterdam. The finance team currently consists of 5 people. Besides the Finance team members you will work closely with the Operations Department on legal and compliance matters and assist the investment teams on finance and tax related topics applicable to new or existing REOC’s. You will have the opportunity to further develop your financial skills in a very international and challenging environment.
Tasks & responsibilities
- Coordinate quarterly closing procedures, perform consolidation, financial analysis and prepare group reporting to US shareholder
- Manage process of making Capital Calls from and Income Distributions to the US investor, including optimization of fund flows and executing of forex trades
- Maintaining Capital Accounts Balances for each of the members
- Provide support on GAAP issues and prepare position papers on technical accounting topics
- Coordinate annual budgeting process for the Aevitas group of companies
- Oversee accounting for holding, financing and management entities performed by the accounting department
- Providing support to the external audit process, including the group audit and audit of the holding and management entities
- Preparation of statutory and other regulatory reporting
- Be involved with tax reporting and compliance, this includes Dutch corporate income tax and US tax reporting
- Participate in (re-)structuring projects, which includes the design and establishment of new REOC’s, analyzing local reporting and applicable tax requirements, IRR and cash flow modelling and implementation of policies and procedures
- Assist with the development and further enhancement of internal control framework, monitor compliance with policies and procedures
- Assist with ad hoc projects as required
- A master degree in Finance, preferably Accounting & Control, Business Administration or Auditing. A post-master’s degree like RA or CPA is considered a plus
- 5-8 years of relevant working experience. Preferably in audit followed by financial controlling experience in a complex international holding/investment/fund environment
- Knowledge of GAAP, combined with technical accounting expertise
- Attention to detail, commitment to excellence and good communication skills
- Pro-active with a hands-on mentality
- Familiar with an ERP system, data analytics tools and strong excel skills
- Has an interest in the real estate sector and international financial markets
- Dutch speaker and fluent in English
- Excellent remuneration package
- Very good bonus opportunity
- Personal development opportunities
- Work at a dynamic international company
- Hybrid working: partly in the office and from home
You can apply for this position by using the link below.
Over deze headhunter - YER
Onze consultants verbinden ambitieuze studenten, starters, professionals, experts, managers en directieleden aan toonaangevende organisaties in Nederland en daarbuiten.
Met onze begeleiding bieden wij kandidaten kennis, vaardigheden en inzicht in zichzelf. Zodat zij gedurende hun hele carrière hun volledige potentieel benutten. Voor opdrachtgevers zijn wij een volwaardige businesspartner die strategisch meedenkt. Zo creëren wij alle kansen om ambities waar te maken.
YER is sinds 2012 aangesloten bij Lintberg.