Global Business & Finance Controller (global headquarters)
- Salary undisclosed
- Amsterdam (+10-20% travel)
- AIM4 for Brunel International
Founded in 1975, Brunel has developed into an international group with 13,000 employees and a turnover of €1 billion. Brunel is listed on Euronext Amsterdam NV and is included in the Amsterdam Small Cap Index (AScX).
Brunel responds to the worldwide demand for specific expertise and flexible employment by developing innovative services in the field of secondment, project management and consultancy.
The organisation has grown into a renowned global brand with more than 100 offices in over 40 countries on 6 continents. A publicly listed organisation with the dynamics of an agile SME company. Brunel is a horizontal organisation with a strong commercial culture. Brunel is a multi-specialist in the Oil & Gas, Renewable Energy, Automotive, Infrastructure, Mining and Life Sciences.
The head office of Brunel International and Brunel Global Finance is located in Amsterdam. This Finance team is diverse and dynamic with Accounting & Financial Control, Business Control, Internal Audit, Consolidation & Reporting and M&A all included in the scope of this department. Each of the 4 Business Controllers is responsible for 2 regions in the world.
The organisational culture is informal, entrepreneurial and highly goal-oriented. The capacity to act is placed as low as possible in the organisation and employees are selected for their entrepreneurship, professionalism and results orientation. Brunel is a strong company and follows deep cultural values of entrepreneurship, integrity and operational excellence. The motivation, passion and energy of Brunel’s employees are the keys to their success.
The ideal candidate has a university degree in Accounting, Control or Business Administration and is a Registered Accountant (RA). You have at least 5 years of international (audit) experience at the Big-4 (Deloitte, Ernst & Young, KMPG, PwC). You are well-equipped in preparing a consolidated global financial statement.
As Finance/Audit/Business Controller, you have an important key position: you are sparring partner for Regional Directors who are P& L responsible. You bring knowledge and expertise to the regions in the field of predictability of business goals, growth and risks.
You know how to communicate with Regional an Finance Directors. You assess and challenge their financial, commercial and operational performance and support and steer leadership decisions with financial data. When results are lagging you cooperate with the region to set up a recovery plan. You have insight into and focus on the business factors and risks of implementing the strategy in the region.
You have excellent communication skills and are easily able to switch between different cultures. You have the know-how to connect and inspire internal stakeholders. As a person, you are analytical, enterprising, decisive, pragmatic, assertive, clear and fair. You are able to act with flexibility at all levels and have commercial insight. You have experience with operating at a Directors level in an international setting.
You are well-suited to a pragmatic and commercially driven organisation where 'rolling up your sleeves' and flexibility are a given.
You have a direct report to Global Head of Business and Finance Control and travel (10-20%) to Regional Directors. Future growth potential is possible.
Tasks & responsibilities
The essence of the role of Global Business & Finance Controller is to:
- Finance/Business Control for two regions, markets and clients. Financial analysis and performance review against budget and forecast. Preparation of timely and accurate monthly management reports.
- Ensure compliance with corporate policies across locations.
- Improve operational execution and financial planning and control/forecasting processes which enable Brunel to quickly adjust forecast and related decision making. Provide support to local finance teams in using financial data to improve reliability, effectiveness and efficiency.
- Improve the predictability of the business results and drive profitable growth. Make forecasts and plans on how the top line and costs will develop, connecting data about current and future performance.
- Prepare and own Brunel’s annual consolidated global financial statement with the team.
- Assess and challenge the financial, commercial and operational performance of services. In case of underperformance in the region the Business Controller cooperates to set up a recovery plan.
- Support and steer leadership decisions with (internal and/or external) data on market developments, competition, future projects and to add value to business decisions and execution.
- Pro-actively initiate and drive actions to optimize results and mitigate risks.
- Impact growth in existing profitable client portfolios and mitigate risks in strategy execution.
As a Global Business & Finance Controller, you see yourself in the following
- Completed university degree with a focus on business & finance control. Registered Accountant (RA).
- At least 5 years of international (audit) experience at the Big-4 audit firm.
- Proven record in preparing consolidated global financial statements.
- Thorough understanding of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
- Ability to translate financial and operational metrics into simple and clear information.
- Excellent social and communication skills. Senior in behaviour. Takes ownership and drives result.
- Your personality can be described as style flexible, strong personality, decisive, self-starter, autonomous, persuasive, confident individual, analytical, thinker and doer.
- Regarding leadership skills: adaptable towards other cultures or habits.
- Business-driven, authentic, ambitious, collaborative and hands-on. A positive and driven attitude.
- You have experience with acting at Directors level.
- Good command of the English and Dutch language (verbal and written).
- Excellent primary conditions.
- Bonus 8% (OTE) or more.
- The salary is based on a 40-hour working week.
- Lease car commensurate with position.
- Excellent secondary employment conditions and pension provisions.
You can apply to this position by using the form below, mentioning GBC.AIM4.EW. For more information, contact Robert Blaauw at +31 682525385.
Over deze headhunter - AIM4
AIM4 is een netwerkorganisatie die vraag en aanbod verbindt voor interim en vaste functies op tactisch/strategisch niveau. En we verzorgen coaching & development trajecten op het gebied van persoonlijk leiderschap.
AIM4 werkt anders. Uit overtuiging dat onze netwerkaanpak beter is. Persoonlijker en sneller. We kennen de mensen in ons netwerk, weten wie bij welke opdracht past en hebben gevoel voor de ‘klik’.
AIM4 is sinds 2020 aangesloten bij Lintberg.