- 100k - 150k per annum
- Hong Kong
Director Tax Asian Pacific
based in Hong Kong
Our client is the world leader in the manufacturing of advanced technology systems for the semiconductor industry. The role is positioned in the Global Corporate Tax Affairs Team which is part of the global finance department. The Finance Department drives the company, because the cyclical nature of the semiconductor industry, which makes long-term financial planning and strategic control critical to its business success.
- High Technology - Top-3 Netherlands regarding R&D investments
- Multinational – turnover €4.0B, 8000+ employées – matrix organisation
- Managing a first class tax strategy in the Asia Pacific region – aligning with local governments and experts – ensuring sustainable and lowest effective tax exposures
- Interfacing with senior management and shaping the business
- Newly created position – Reporting to Senior Director Asia Pacific at HQ
When being part of the Corporate Tax Affairs team, you’ll face demanding challenges and enjoy the freedom to put together highly creative solutions.
The Director Tax (located in Hong Kong office) reports to the Senior Tax Director APAC based in the Netherlands.
You will manage the continental/regional Tax affairs jointly with 2 tax professionals in the Asian Tax Department. The Director Tax has internal interfaces with all corporate departments and Senior Management and external interfaces with outside counsel and consultants, tax authorities in various jurisdictions and other (governmental) institutes.
- Participate in the development of the global Tax Strategy of the client’s group of companies and contribute to a proper tax infrastructure in order to manage and reduce tax exposures. Ensure the formulation and implementation of a regional/continental Tax Strategy, in line with the global Tax Strategy and aligned with the local business.
- Ensure the design; integration and maintaining of an effective and efficient inter-company pricing and inter-company financing structures for the applicable region/Continent, in compliance with all applicable tax laws and regulations of the countries where the company has business interests/ taxable presence.
- Provide tax consultation to senior management, including merger and acquisition advice and convince and influence decision taking of senior and line management in respect of acquisition structures with beneficial tax rate results.
- Ensure the management of various regional tax projects and numerous outside consultants to maximize the benefits of the outside consultant and ensure your projects are completed timely, within scope, within budget and fulfill the requirements of the project.
- Manage tax audits and tax exposure and provide an efficient tax planning for region / continent based on future developments.
- Advise on (non-technical) subsidy strategy.
- Participate to a proper knowledge database as a corporate memory and communication tool and establish a network of outside counsel and specialists.
- Academic Tax Law degree and post academic Tax Law Courses.
- Minimum of 10 years work experience of which at least 7 years in the international tax arena.
- Strong experience in working in a multi-disciplinary environment and in multi-cultural teams.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Pro-active and flexible planning.
- Able to develop a vision and execute accordingly, able to weight risks and benefits and act on these, be a self starter and work in a team.
- Flexible, pro active and communicative personality who is able to act as a professional business partner in a highly demanding and very busy technology environment.
- Strong drive with a hands-on, structured, accurate and result oriented working style.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to clearly articulate and convince people.
- Proven leadership skills. Able to drive others, build relationships and influence other functional areas.
- A strategic mindset while having the ability to translate strategy into actionable objectives (short, medium and long-term).
- Team player with a flexible & pro-active attitude.
- Able to cope with a multicultural, dynamic and changing environment.
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to translate complex business issues into clear processes and actions.
- Show ownership of issues from start to finalization.
- Fluent in English, both oral and written.
- The position is based in Hong Kong
- International travel (~35%) in the Asian Pacific Region is required
- Annual travel to the Dutch based HQ is required
The position offers, next to an excellent salary range and secondary benefits, the chance to work in an international, challenging, innovative and dynamic environment and be positioned to make a substantial impact on client’s finance organisation.
If you are interested please send your resume in English by using the form below.
For further information please contact Michiel Prins or Paul van Splunder: +31 (0)20 6971410.
Over deze headhunter - Kienbaum
Wij zijn een Duits, innovatief familiebedrijf met 32 kantoren in 18 landen. In de ruim 20 jaar dat Kienbaum actief is op de Nederlandse markt, hebben we langlopende samenwerkingsverbanden opgebouwd met small tot large-sized multinationals, familiebedrijven, Venture Capital/Private Equity (VC/PE) en digitale start-ups.
Wij werken toegewijd aan het succes van uzelf en uw organisatie, voortbouwend op vertrouwensrelaties en ondersteund door onze internationale expertisenetwerken.
Kienbaum is sinds 2008 aangesloten bij Lintberg.