Director Finance Operations
- Salary undisclosed
- Robert Walters
I'm searching for a Director of Finance Operations to join a rapidly expanding BioTech company based in Leiden. If you possess a proven track record in leadership and excel at optimizing processes within intricate settings. Interested? Read on!
The Director of Finance Operations oversees and leads the Global Finance Operations team responsible for Purchase-to-Pay (PtP), Order-to-Cash (OtC), and Close-to-Report & General Ledger (CtR/GL) accounting activities. They ensure collaboration across functions and strive for globally harmonized and standardized efficient end-to-end (SAP) processes, with a specific focus on complying with the Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX) by implementing and maintaining operational and effective internal controls.
Tasks & responsibilities
Finance Operations Strategy
Develop and execute the global strategy for Finance Operations in PtP, OtC, and CtR/GL, aligned with the organization's objectives. Identify opportunities for process improvements, harmonization, standardization, and automation to enhance efficiency, accuracy, and scalability of global finance operations. Ensure SOX compliance and mitigate financial risks.
Finance Operations Processes
Establish and optimize global standards and best practices for Finance Operation processes within SAP for PtP, OtC, and CtR/GL. Aim to reduce manual effort and ensure global consistency and efficiency in collaboration with stakeholders in PtP and OtC. Assess the current state of SAP processes, identifying areas for improvement driven by global harmonization and standardization. Streamline and automate finance processes within the SAP system to increase efficiency, accuracy, and data integrity. Develop and implement key performance indicators (KPIs) to measure the effectiveness and efficiency of Global Finance Operations Processes.
Implement and ensure SOX compliance within Finance Operations processes by establishing effective internal controls to ensure accuracy, completeness, and reliability of financial data, aligning with regulatory requirements. Integrate internal controls within SAP. Monitor adherence to policies and procedures, implement remediation plans for control deficiencies, and collaborate with internal and external auditors.
Proactively seek opportunities and continually monitor PtP, OtC, and CtR/GL performance. Identify areas for improvement and implement process enhancements, system optimizations, and automation initiatives to enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of Global Finance Operations. Engage in professional development to extend knowledge and skills of team members, staying updated with industry trends and best practices.
Provide leadership and guidance to Finance Operations team members across various regions or countries. Effectively communicate changes, address concerns, and coach team members to ensure successful adoption of global processes. Foster a culture of change readiness and continuous improvement within the team. Develop, retain, and support finance professionals, nurturing a culture of collaboration, accountability, continuous learning, and a motivated high-performing workforce. Conduct performance evaluations and offer coaching and mentoring to enhance team capabilities and support succession planning.
- Leading People and Leading My Profession: Encourage innovative ideas within the Finance Operations Team, promoting ongoing development practices, creating a safe and respectful environment, and inspiring self-development.
- Developing Knowledge: Continuously educate yourself and others, seeking more efficient working methods, and motivating team members to do the same. Educate and develop others to reach high standards and provide clear feedback.
- Results Orientation: Formulate concrete objectives, bring structure to processes and projects, and maintain awareness of customer needs. Delegate work to focus on the bigger picture, motivate colleagues for success, and challenge when needed.
- Self-Development: Embrace self-critique, creating a safe environment for colleagues seeking guidance, coaching, and advice by sharing lessons learned.
- Teamwork: Facilitate collaboration across the organization, creating an inclusive environment where opinions are valued. Give credit to others and acknowledge colleagues' successes openly.
Functional knowledge & experience
- Master's degree in Accounting & Control, Accountancy, Accounting & Finance Management, or a related field with a professional certification (e.g., RA, RC, CPA) advantageous.
- Strong knowledge of global finance practices, financial regulations, and IFRS accounting principles.
- Solid understanding of SOX, internal controls, compliance, and regulatory requirements in the Netherlands and the US.
- Proficient understanding of SAP, preferably SAP S/4, and its integration with finance processes and best practices.
- Seasoned professional in driving finance process improvements, automation solutions, and efficiency enhancement in PtP, OtC, and CtR/GL processes.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-changing environment with a hands-on approach.
- Proven experience (typically 10+ years) in financial management roles, including global finance leadership positions.
- Multinaal organizational experience in diverse cultures ationnd business environments.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities, inspiring and motivating diverse teams, and a track record of successfully managing and developing finance teams.
You can apply for this position by using the form below.
Over deze headhunter - Robert Walters
Robert Walters is wereldwijd een toonaangevend wervings- en selectiebureau, opgericht in 1985. Personeelsmanagers wereldwijd vertrouwen erop dat wij de beste specialisten voor hen vinden en zowel de grootste multinationals als het MKB en startups mogen wij tot onze klanten rekenen. We werven wereldwijd mensen voor vaste functies en interim-posities.
Robert Walters is sinds 2008 aangesloten bij Lintberg.