Director Accounting Policies & IFRS
- Salary undisclosed
- Page Executive
Royal DSM N.V. is a global science-based company active in health, nutrition and materials. By connecting its unique competences in Life Sciences and Materials Sciences DSM is driving economic prosperity, environmental progress and social advances to create sustainable value for all stakeholders.
DSM delivers innovative solutions that nourish, protect and improve performance in global markets such as food and dietary supplements, personal care, feed, pharmaceuticals, medical devices, automotive, paints, electrical and electronics, life protection, alternative energy and bio-based materials.
DSM's 22,000 employees deliver annual net sales of about €9 billion. The Director Accounting Policies & IFRS is responsible for the appropriate application of accounting standards (mainly IFRS) within the company as well as external reporting.
Additionally the ideal candidate pro-actively advices the Managing Board / Executive Committee and acts as expertise center for the business groups with regards to financial reporting and IFRS. This role will give the ideal candidate a push to pursue his or her career in an international demanding and professional environment with a chance to develop him/herself in best possible way.
- Advise CFO, Group Controller and Executive Committee on financial reporting and accounting process
- First point of contact for external auditor
- Strong sparring partner on IFRS at various levels with regards to strategic discussions
- Guardian of accounting principles for the total Group
- Actively participate in projects that have relevant financial reporting implications in close contact with Director Group Accounting and Group - Accounting team
- Support the realization of Annual report with regards to structure and adequate application of IFRS
- Demand additional information from all Business Groups on reporting and policy matters
- Actively participate strategic projects either on Corporate or Business Group level
- Stay well informed on relevant developments (e.g. IFRS)
- Support Business Groups with advice, training and by participation in project teams
- Identify non-compliance with the requirments as early as possible and help with remediation
- Represent DSM in external contacts with industry peers and accounting bodies
- Drive a customer service culture focusing on delivery, performance standards and strong stakeholder management
- Implement policies and procedures to ensure secured financial business reporting
- Develop, introduce and maintain state of the art financial tools
- Ensure the reporting quality and financial excellence at all levels
- An Executive Master degree in Finance & Control (RA/RC) or equivalent
- Minimum of fifteen years experience as finance leader with a demonstrated track record
- Proven track record within a Big 4 and an international listed company
- Strong understanding of IFRS is an absolute must and enjoys increasing this knowledge across DSM
- Up to date knowledge of financial reporting regulations in international context
- Proven track record with exposure to external stakeholders (Audit firms, AFM, networks, etc.)
- Flexible in thinking and communication
- Actively make use of relevant networks
- Team player and personal impact in international organisations
- Effective communicator on all levels
- Fluent in English
You can apply to this position by using the link below.
Over deze headhunter - Page Executive
The executive search division of PageGroup, Page Executive provides a range of search, selection and talent management solutions for organisations on a permanent and interim basis. Recognised for our powerful in-house research function, speed and flexibility of response and assignment completion rates, organisations worldwide use Page Executive to secure their senior talent.
Page Executive is part of PageGroup, worldwide leaders in specialist recruitment.
Page Executive is sinds 2008 aangesloten bij Lintberg.