Chief Financial Officer
- Salary undisclosed
CFO Railway Industry
For one of our clients, a multi-national, fast-growing mobility solutions provider with more than 200,000 employees worldwide, we are currently searching for a CFO for one of its subsidiaries in the railway industry. The local entity has around 100 employees and has ambitious plans to grow further internationally.
The CFO will be responsible for developing and professionalizing proper financial operations within the company and its holding company. S/he will support the company to grow to the next level. The CFO will report directly to the CEO of the company. S/He will be a full member of the Management Board.
Responsibilities & Deliverables
- Responsible for proper and accurate accounting of all operations and consolidation of all financial information
- Ensure compliancy of financial processes and financial reporting with IFRS and corporate guidelines
- Further develop and Professionalise financial accounting and corporate governance
- Responsible for the monthly, quarterly and year-end closing within the defined deadlines and manage all monthly and quarterly management reports
- Ensure accurate and timely budgeting, forecasting and controlling and prepare for supervisory board meetings
- Manage the external and internal audit process
- Be responsible for tax processes within the specific tax entity
- Handle legal cases, i.e. regarding corporate issues, contracts and litigations
- Oversee all treasury and financing activities. Manage working capital, cash management, credit management and check all payments on accuracy
- Manage the company’s insurance program and be accountable for risk management of the company (a.o. existing and new major contracts)
- Develop and manage cost control on a specific budget
- Be responsible for the justification (business case) and budget control of capital expenditures
- Act as a key contact towards financially relevant parties
- Manage and coach a team
Background & Experience
- University degree with a Finance related Master’s degree is required. An additional RC or RA degree will be considered a plus
- Minimum of 15 years of progressive experience in Finance, of which at least 5 years in a managerial role
- Experienced with international reporting standards (IFRS is a must)
- Good knowledge of Financial ERP and reporting/ consolidation systems
- Experience in building business cases, creating insightful monthly reports and working with Senior Executives to analyze proposals, determine budgets and substantiate decisions
- Experienced in working in an international business environment
- Good working knowledge of MS Office applications, especially Excel and PowerPoint
Essential Personal Qualities
- Ambitious finance professional with excellent analytical skills
- Approachable and service minded personality
- Board presence
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- A people manager and relationship builder
- Ability to build trust within the company
- Committed to getting results in a demanding international environment
- No 9-to-5 mentality
- Capable of and experienced in delivering executive level reporting to foreign headquarters
- Hands-on mentality
- Fluent in Dutch and English (written and spoken). Knowledge of other European languages is considered a plus.
Central location within The Netherlands. Frequent travel throughout Western Europe will be required.
You can apply to this position by using the form below. For more information please contact Leonie Wiedom at +31 (0)20 69 71 410.
Over deze headhunter - Kienbaum
Wij zijn een Duits, innovatief familiebedrijf met 32 kantoren in 18 landen. In de ruim 20 jaar dat Kienbaum actief is op de Nederlandse markt, hebben we langlopende samenwerkingsverbanden opgebouwd met small tot large-sized multinationals, familiebedrijven, Venture Capital/Private Equity (VC/PE) en digitale start-ups.
Wij werken toegewijd aan het succes van uzelf en uw organisatie, voortbouwend op vertrouwensrelaties en ondersteund door onze internationale expertisenetwerken.
Kienbaum is sinds 2008 aangesloten bij Lintberg.