- Salary undisclosed
- Central Netherlands
For one of our clients we are currently searching for a CFO to be based at the company’s headquarters in the Netherlands. Our client is a medium-sized, globally-operating manufacturer of high-quality precision tools, low-volume pieces production, for various industries and with approx. 500 employees and 13 production/sales locations worldwide. Together with the CEO , the CFO will be in charge of the business – both from a strategic point of view as well as managing the local operations. S/he will be responsible for proper financial operations for the company and its entities, further developing and professionalizing the organization. With a dual responsibility as CFO for the Group and as Finance Director for one of the subsidiaries, the CFO reports directly to the CEO and to the Supervisory Board.
The position will be based in ‘Central Netherlands’. Frequent international travel will be required.
- Manufacturer of high-precision tools, market leader in its niche
- Both strategic and hands-on CFO role within ‘flat (finance) organization’ and with a strong business focus
- Responsibility for several entities, global scope
- International experience with local blue collar culture is a must-have
- Experience with transfer pricing is mandatory for this role
- Candidates who are not native-speaking Dutch or those with no experience working for internationally-oriented small/medium-sized manufacturers will not be considered
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Responsible for proper and accurate accounting of all operations and consolidation of all financial information
- Further shape the new organizational structure from local to regional P&L responsibilities and accountability
- Ensure best practice on transfer pricing
- Ensure compliancy of financial processes and financial reporting
- Further develop and professionalize financial accounting, risk management and corporate governance
- Responsible for the monthly, quarterly and year-end closing within the defined deadlines and manage all monthly and quarterly management reports
- Ensure accurate and timely budgeting, forecasting and controlling
- Prepare for Supervisory Board meetings
- Contribute to and be part of the strategic development of the Group
- Be responsible for tax processes, legal matters and IT
- Act as a key contact towards banks, tax advisors, auditors, lawyers and other financially relevant parties
- Manage and coach a dispersed team of local controllers
Background and Experience
- A Finance or Business related Bachelor’s or Master’s degree is required
- Minimum of 10-15 years of progressive experience in Finance, of which at least 3-5 years in a managerial role.
- Experience having worked for small/medium-sized manufacturing companies, with a preference for piece production.
- Track record in further developing a financial organization, administrative procedures and internal controls.
- Strong background with financial ERP and reporting/ consolidation as well as with the implementation of sophisticated transfer pricing solutions.
- Experience working in international business environments.
- Background with the management of IT projects.
- Experience dealing with supervisory boards would be considered a plus.
Essential Personal Qualities
- Pragmatic, with a down-to-earth attitude
- Hands-on and independent mentality, confident and resilient
- A strategic thinker with a good understanding of business processes and sales
- High levels of change-orientation
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Highly ethical, loyal and integer
- A people manager and relationship builder able to deal with people from different cultures
- Fluent in Dutch and English (written and spoken). Additional knowledge of Spanish would be considered a strong plus.
You can apply by using the form below, including your resume in English and in Word-format and refer to project number 15073. Reference and diploma checks are standard part of the procedure. For more information please contact: Leonie Wiedom at tel. +31 (0)20 6971410
Over deze headhunter - Kienbaum
Wij zijn een Duits, innovatief familiebedrijf met 32 kantoren in 18 landen. In de ruim 20 jaar dat Kienbaum actief is op de Nederlandse markt, hebben we langlopende samenwerkingsverbanden opgebouwd met small tot large-sized multinationals, familiebedrijven, Venture Capital/Private Equity (VC/PE) en digitale start-ups.
Wij werken toegewijd aan het succes van uzelf en uw organisatie, voortbouwend op vertrouwensrelaties en ondersteund door onze internationale expertisenetwerken.
Kienbaum is sinds 2008 aangesloten bij Lintberg.