Principal Telco Consultant
- 150k - 200k per annum
- Middle East
Our client, one of the largest telecommunications equipment suppliers in the world, is looking for high potential Principal and Lead Consultants to be based in countries like Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Iran, Pakistan, Egypt, Algeria, Kenia and Marocco.
A challenging and big adventure to be part of the management development program in these countries by developing major solution sales opportunities for our client through consulting-led approach and develop senior customer relationships, including CxO level.
Your background should be associate partner or junior partner in a management consulting firm or executive or very senior manager in a communication service provider.
Business, strategy and marketing consulting experience (from a recognized tier 1/teir 2 consulting firm) rather than solution/technical consultants
Carrier/operator facing experience rather than enterprise/corporate networks
Mobile / fixed telecoms experience
Experience with Telco transformation projects
Consulting & System Integration experience rather than network/core/equipment experience / exposure
Principal consultant specific requirements
Targeting the Associate Partner/Direct level ranks of the recognized consulting firms – most likely big 5 type firms
Medium-large strategic/account selling experience
Don’t require major ‘door openers’ as our client already has relationships with most key operators
Must have significant management consulting and telecoms industry experience (10+ years+) or 7+ years consulting in addition to a senior role within an operator
Lead Consultant specific requirements
Targeting the Senior Managers/Managing Consultant ranks of the recognized consulting firms – most likely from the big 5
Must be able to lead multiple teams/engagements and mange the client side
Must have significant management consulting and telecoms industry experience (8 years+) or a combination of 4-5 years consulting plus oeprtor experience.
Your key tasks:
Sales and delivery
- Responsible for selling entire solution portfolio to one prioritized customer (80%). Role can be implemented also as a regional or subject matter focused role (20%).
- Position our Client as a preferred solution partner and ensure a steady stream of business with good margin.
- Identify and quantify, mutually attractive opportunities using joint analyses with the customer. Define innovative, integrated solutions to address customer needs.
- Conduct chargeable advisory consulting both in large delivery projects and as a lead / contributor in pure Business and Solution Consulting assignments.
- Build and manage trust-based, long-term relationships with senior customer people including CxO level.
- Understand customers’ commercial, operational and technological challenges and opportunities.
- Provide thought leading insights to customers and discuss their opportunities and critical decisions.
- Coach consultants.
- Act and work according to Consulting Practice’s Guiding Principles and basic methodology.
- Network with Customer Teams and across our Client organisation to get buy-in and support for the consulting-led sales model.
(1) Total Contract Value
(2) Standalone Consulting revenues
(3) Customer Satisfaction score.
You can apply by using the form below.