- Salary undisclosed
Our client is the European head office of an international corporate bank.
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating legal contracts relating to credit facilities, transaction banking, treasury/derivatives, trade finance and payment systems as well as supplier agreements
- Managing documentation risk relating to the area’s mentioned above, including through developing and monitoring standard documentation and processes within the bank
- Drafting, evaluating and negotiating (non)-standard legal contracts relating to banking facilities, agreeing individual clause wording as required
- Keep abreast of changes in law, regulations and market practice and ensure such changes are taken into account in the bank’s documentation and processes
- Assisting in projects such as implementation of MIFID 2, EMIR, PSD 2 etc
- Ensure close cooperation with the European Legal office of BTMU EMEA and the various branches of MBE
- Ensure compliance with the bank’s rules, policies, procedures and guidelines together with all relevant regulatory and statutory requirements
Reporting to the Executive Director Legal of MBE, the Legal Counsel is required to oversee and manage the Legal activities within MBE.
The function requires an intellectual and working background at University level and experience of a minimum of five years in a similar function or relevant area. The function requires a comprehensive knowledge of the (intra-)departmental work flows and processes, of the products offered by our Front Office and of the applicable domestic & international legislation. The function also requires in depth knowledge and understanding/experience of/with the bank's business, policies, rules and guidelines.
- Law degree
- Relevant master degree
- In depth knowledge and work experience in laws and regulations in a senior role within Corporate Banking
- In depth knowledge of principles and practice of domestic law and regulatory rules
- International legal experience
- A sound knowledge of accounting principles and other banking procedures for assessment of credit and other banking risks
- Experience in networking and working with diverse population
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Excellent interpersonal, time management, problem solving and organizational skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel
You are invited to apply for this position by following the link below. For more information, please contact Ageeth de Jong at +31 (0)20 697 50 11.
Over deze headhunter - YER
YER is een internationaal arbeidsbemiddelingsbureau voor vaste en tijdelijke functies, gericht op professionals met een Bachelor-, Master- of PhD-titel. In Nederland hebben we 9 kantoren en daarnaast zijn we ook gevestigd in de Verenigde Staten. We zijn al sinds 1987 actief in de arbeidsbemiddeling en inmiddels uitgegroeid tot een toonaangevende internationale speler voor de invulling van zowel tijdelijke als vaste functies.
YER is sinds 2012 aangesloten bij Lintberg.